Thursday, February 27, 2014

Another Inspirational Story

Hello Captain,

It's been a while since our last conversation, and I wanted to let you know I have recovered from my 3rd spine surgery and adapted and overcome my disability. I was able to return back to duties along with full salary.  I want to thank you; in fact, I printed out your last email and posted it on my fridge and garage to not give up. You were my motivation and inspiration. I read it everyday, and it was hell going through all these surgeries, but I recovered slowly and went from not walking at all to walking with a walker to lifting weights, then doing 3 miles daily. I know I have come a long way, and every week that passes I am getting stronger both mentally and physically. I'm just waiting for my date to get back in my BDUs. Take care, sir, and God bless.  
 
PS: I'm watching your show Lost Survivors--I love it, keep it coming!  Hope to meet you one of these days.
 
Rene

No comments:

Post a Comment